Who Attends Beatitudes Church
All faiths and backgrounds are welcome at Beatitudes. It doesn't matter your race, sexual orientation or creed. All are welcome here. Our emphasis is joined strongly with the life and teachings of Jesus in the pursuit to help us live with more love, integrity, compassion and harmony with the world around us. If this is something that appeals to you please visit, we would love to meet you and learn more about your spiritual needs. We follow the 8 Points of Progressive Christian Principles listed below.
*By calling ourselves Progressive Christians, we mean we are Christians who…
1. Believe that following the path and teachings of Jesus can lead to an awareness and experience of the Sacred and the Oneness and Unity of all life;
2. Affirm that the teachings of Jesus provide but one of many ways to experience the Sacredness and Oneness of life, and that we can draw from diverse sources of wisdom in our spiritual journey;
3. Seek community that is inclusive of ALL people, including but not limited to:
conventional christians and questioning skeptics, believers and agnostics, women and men,
those of all sexual orientations and gender identities, those of all classes and abilities;
4. Know that the way we behave towards one another is the fullest expression of what we believe;
5. Find grace in the search for understanding and believe there is more value in questioning than in absolutes;
6. Strive for peace and justice among all people;
7. Strive to protect and restore the integrity of our Earth;
8. Commit to a path of life-long learning, compassion, and selfless love.
What to Expect on your First Visit to Beatitudes Church
No matter who you are, or where you are on life’s journey, you are invited here.
What do I wear? Causal, Formal it doesn't matter to us. Be comfortable.
Who is welcome? All are welcome. Regardless, Race, Creed, Sexual Orientation, we come together to spread the peace of God. We agree there are many paths that lead us on our journey and we honor all.
When is Worship? 10:00 am Sundays in the Worship Center the large building on the corner of 7th Ave and Glendale.
Are there Bulletins? As you enter the Worship Center, you will be handed a bulletin that outlines the order of worship for the day.
I'm new and want to learn more, where do I go after worship? We have a New Visitor's table in the foyer with brochures and calendars of our activities for you to pick up. There are also Plaza Greeters stationed just outside the front entrance who are happy to direct you to the social activities and enrichment classes available after service. Please stop by and ask questions and connect we want to hear from you.
I have kids is there a Youth Fellowship? Children and Youth will remain in the Worship Center for the entire service, we have activity bags and their very own children's bulletin with games and activities pertaining to the Worship focus for the week. Your kids are welcome to participate in the Youth Fellowship for snack and spiritual activity from 11am-12pm. You are welcome to attend our fellowship gathering and adult spiritual education classes while they have fun learning and growing spiritually, you may also choose to join the youth activities as well. Check out the Youth page for more information.